An opportunity has arisen to join a fantastic travel organisation in Oxfordshire, on a full time permanent basis, as a Ticketing Agent. This role will involve the issuing of airline and travel tickets within set time frames, as well as the chance to forge a career in the Travel industry.
- Producing and checking final itinerary documents.
- Issuing fares using CAT35 ticketing or building using manual fare building, ensuring that all names and flights match the booking.
- Issuing published fares, ensuring that ticketing dates are correct and that names and flights match the booking.
- Making cost savings by better ticketing or using different contracts.
- Reading airline contracts and understanding terminology associated with rules and fare notes.
- Issuing airline air passes.
- Voiding incorrectly issued tickets.
- Ticketing child and infant fares.
- Communicating with Galileo help desk and other airlines about problems relating to tickets or contracts.
- Communicating errors found on tickets.
- Issuing Japan Rail Passes.
- Achieving targets set by Ticketing Supervisor.
- Quoting and issuing Round the World fares.
- Issuing Australia and New Zealand tickets.
- Identifying whether or not the best fare has been applied to a booking to make cost savings.
- Processing refunds and reissues.
- Offer guidance to Country Specialists with Galileo and ticketing related issues.
- Support Ticketing Help desk function.
- Managing airline queues and distributing urgent work to colleagues.
- Manning ticketing help desk and dealing with relevant issues/upgrades/refunds.
- Managing the airline inbox on a rota basis.
- Be a Galileo/Smartpoint super user.
- GCSE Grace C (or above) in Maths and English.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and efficiently manage time.
- Highly organised.
- excellent attention to detail.
- Interested in the travel industry and keen to pursue a travel career.
- fantastic communication skills.
- flexible and willing to learn new skills frequently.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Preferably experience of using Galileo and Smartpoint.
- Previous travel experience is useful but not essential.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.