SDM Test Engineer
About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are one of the leading network, telecommunications and mobile technology companies in the UK. They looking for an experienced SDM Test Engineer to join their The Network Applications test team which makes up one of five test teams (Voice, EPC, IP, OSS) within Test and Integration, Core Networks.
About The Role
The role will provide key SDM test support within the Core Business area, supporting fault resolution, run and maintain programmes and migration activities.
You will need to have a strong working knowledge of the Nokia SDM, understanding the architecture of the SDM system, the database, application servers and interfaces to network elements possessing a strong understanding of the protocols associated: LDAP, SOAP, MAP, and Diameter along with knowledge of protocol monitoring tools.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders you will be responsible for the co-ordinated execution, reporting and completion of test programmes for validation of software upgrades and hardware deployments.
- Through testing, ensuring the integrity of new platform software to facilitate deployment into the operational network.
- Reporting into the Principal Test Authority, you will be responsible for :
- Test planning and test case documentation
- Executing tests through HP ALM
- Fault investigation, working with internal and external parties to expedite fault resolution and design alignment to ensure the test programmes remain on track.
- Reporting on test progress and issues and producing test exit reports where required
- A strong understanding of the Nokia SDM solution, with key skills in the operation, support and development of OneNDS, BM FEs (HSS, HLR, EIR, MNP, PGW)
- The candidate requires good cross-functional working skills to develop and support close working relationship with the other CTO and CIO teams
- Good analytical and practical problem solving skills.
- An understanding of protocols (preferably MAP, SIP, Diameter, LDAP, SOAP) and architecture of 3G / 4G mobile telecoms network.
- An understanding of protocol monitors and trace tools (e.g. Wireshark)
- Knowledge of SOAP UI testing application
- Ability to be self-sufficient, highly motivated and requiring minimal supervision
- Knowledge of HP ALM desirable
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.