Recruiting immediately for a leading telecom company a Test Automation Engineer, based in Maidenhead (Berkshire). This is a fantastic opportunity to work within our client's Online Team, testing digital solutions across their mobile apps. You will work with predominantly agile delivery methodologies using your creative, quality expertise that will ensure product owner's visions meet expectations.
What makes this role unique?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer to be immersed in a fast-paced and fun, digitally focused environment. Working as the sole automation expert in our app microteam, the successful candidate will be responsible for embedded, maintaining a growing our automation capabilities.
You'll work closely with Product Owners and developers to understand user stories and requirements, having active input to ensure they're testable and deliver real business or customer benefit. You'll then use this knowledge to automate key journeys and build up our automation regression suite.
To succeed in this role you'll need to be a dynamic and flexible individual that embraces being a key member of the team. We're looking for people that will constantly question and look for opportunities to improve quality - people that aren't afraid to be an advocate for quality and will push-back when they feel standards aren't being met.
Stakeholder management is as key to this role as automation experience and, for the right candidate, this is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Responsibilities / What does the role involve?
Day-to-day activities and responsibilities of the role include:
- Embed, enhance and maintain an automation framework that will show value by improving our coverage or removing repetitive scenarios from our manual regression suite
- Work with Product Owners to define and understand acceptance criteria
- Support the team's QA, working alongside with them to ensure manual and automation strategies align
- Provide updates on testing progress or other activities to the QA Manager and other teams
- Analyse and investigate issues found during testing and work to resolve these with the relevant people (other testers, Product Owners, environment teams, developers and Site Builders)
- Support cross-departmental projects and overall test community within Three, when required
- Constantly identify opportunities to improve quality
- Work closely with our 3rd party partners, 3rd party testing service and tools.
What is the reality of the role / The type of person are we looking for
- Innovative and passionate about testing and automation, you will be are enthusiastic about quality, end-to-end customer experience and making continual improvements.
- Ability to tackle issues logically and determine a best course of action, you seek opportunities to expand your knowledge within the testing field and are committed to this discipline.
- You pro-actively seek improvements to working methods and have the ability to apply different testing theories and techniques to new or old problems.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Be proficient in Ruby and Cucumber
- Appium experience
- Automated native apps
- Experience of working in a fast-paced digital environment
- Dynamic and engaging with a real passion for quality and testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible in approach and attitude with a consistent focus on quality
- Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders and effectively articulate and justify test estimates
- Worked in an agile environment.
- Specific application knowledge - JIRA, Zephyr
- Java/Swift knowledge
If you are interested in this nice opportunity and feel your profile is a good match then please submit your application online or email direct to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.