|Job Title:||Test and Integration Engineer - Java or C# - Cardiff / Bristol|
|REF:||Sci Test Space9_1529314779|
|Contact Name:||Patrick McNamara|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Test and Integration Engineer - Java or C# - Web - Bristol / Cardiff - Permanent
Our client provides supporting IT services within the markets of Defence, Space, Government, Marine and Environment and is a leading developer in the creation of robust, real-world application solutions.
Vacancies now exist for experienced Integration and Test Engineers to contribute to a number of exciting projects within their Enterprise Solutions and Defence Divisions. They are looking for enthusiastic individuals who can work effectively in teams to integrate and test high quality software solutions.
Successful candidates will be able to work to deadlines; have good communication skills; be flexible in moving between projects and in assimilating new technologies. You will be based out of their Bristol / Chippenham offices, with an initial project assignment based in South Wales. Due to the sensitive nature of a number of projects you must be willing to undergo security clearances.
You will ideally possess the following skillset:
- Hands on software product Integration and Test on complex development programs
- Defining, scoping and running tests for complex middleware services
- Developing automated tests using tools such as JMeter and Gatling
- Defect investigation and root cause analysis
- Web Technologies (e.g. OData, HTTP, TLS, and REST)
- Continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- Demonstrable experience of Java or C#
- Specifying and configuring test environments
- Source code management tools (e.g. GIT)
- Working in virtualized environments
- Proven methodical analytic fault-finding skills
- Must be willing and eligible to achieve SC Clearance - UK passport holder and UK resident for over 5 years.
Any knowledge or experience of the following would be desirable:
- Python experience.
- Powershell and Linux shell scripting.
- Knowledge of networking technologies (DNS, TCP, UDP, IP Routing).
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert.
- Working in a Scrum environment.
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on 0117 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Performance Test Engineer
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Senior QA Test Automation Engineer
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Java Software Engineer
Location: London, England
Java Software Engineer - Permanent - London
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £1 - £1000000 per annum
Junior Software Engineer
Location: Bristol, England
Salary: Up to £1 per annum + DoE