Telephone Customer Services Agent / Adviser / Administrator - Perm - Reading
When customers enquire about their account, customer service agents are who they will initially speak to, and as such are the face of the company. It is important for a customer service agent to ensure that all existing customers have the best experience possible by providing advice, resolving technical queries via remote diagnosis, taking our customers through a step-by-step process when reviewing financial queries, dealing with complaints, and overall ensuring that our customer needs are fully understood and met, guiding them towards the most appropriate resolution for their needs.
Dynamically communicating with customers, sales agents and external colleagues on a daily basis is key to ensure prompt resolution. This is a fast-paced customer services position, and requires an individual with previous telephone experience who can demonstrate they have strong communication skills; the role suits a candidate who thrives working under pressure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Rapidly develop a thorough understanding of the industry and the market sector we operate within, together with a thorough understanding of the services we have on offer;
- Quickly progress knowledge of our core products;
- Develop an understanding of product functionality, and common faults;
- Remotely diagnosing product faults;
- Identifying processing and finding issues;
- Assisting with the installation of new products safeguarding an excellent initial customer experience;
- Quickly develop an understanding on the account termination and retentions processes;
- Effectively handling complaints ensuring swift turnaround;
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- A proven track record within customer services over the phone;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Educated to A Level or equivalent qualification level;
- A clear communicator, and controlled call handling skills are essential;
- Exceptional organisational skills;
- A resilient nature with an ability to be polite but persuasive with clients where necessary;
- Experience in negotiation is highly preferable;
- Confident decision making skills;
- Being technically minded is preferred but not required;
- Good IT skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) together with the confidence to effectively use other in-house databases as required;
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.