Project People USA are currently recruiting for Telecom Tower Technicians to work at various locations across the US. As Tower Technician you will be expected to climb up to 300ft to repair and install telecom network equipment.
Tower Technician scope of work:
- Understand and strictly follow safety and quality guidelines without deviation
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevate heights
- Observe and report possible compound/ equipment defects and hazards
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work (SOW) per the customer's specifications
- Break/ fix work, consisting of repairs and upkeep to existing cellular network/ sites
- Civil work, consisting of upgrading and expanding existing cellular networks/ sites
- Pre and post work site audits
- Legacy cable plant upgrades from coaxial cable to fiber
All Tower Technicians will have to complete 4 weeks of training (3 weeks of classroom and practical training and 1 week online), before being deployed to market.
Due to Tower Technicians climbing various structures such as Guyed Towers, Lattice Towers, Monopole Towers, Water Towers, Stealth Towers and rooftops, there are specific physical requirements that need to be met. These are:
- Techs must participate and pass pre-assignment fitness for duty examination
- Tower Technicians weight must not exceed 250lbs during the assignment.
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to stand, walk, bend, twist, squat and lift up to 70lbs and pull own body weight plus equipment up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases
- Ability to climb tall structures (100ft +) with 50lbs of equipment and carry out work at an altitude of 300ft
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including but not limited to; rooftops, confined spaces and all types of geographical locations
- Ability to work outdoors and in all types of weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, etc.
Due to visa restrictions, all applications must be UK passport holders and have clean criminal records. All applications will have to complete a pre-assignment background check and drug screening.
If you are interested in becoming a Tower Technician in the US, please apply to this link.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.