|Job Title:||Telecoms Design Engineer (Passive Infrastructure)|
|Contact Name:||Rassin Wurie|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Design Engineer - Passive Infrastructure
About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are a trusted and credible partner to some of the biggest telecoms companies in the UK, delivering and managing the best network infrastructure. Using their expertise to bolster network speed, coverage and capacity across the UK ensuring that the network is always optimised. It is a multi-award winning network, topping many UK network performance tables. There are tens of thousands of cell sites and millions of customers. They manage huge global organisations through partnerships with some of the biggest names and brands.
About The Role
In this role, you will provide passive infrastructure design expertise and support to the Passive Infrastructure Principle Designers for their core cell sites, including all aspects of passive infrastructure design and co-ordination.
- To facilitate and drive Design Assurance for the MSP designs being implemented on their cell sites, liaising and driving MSP to provide documented end to end designs.
- Highlighting documentation deficiencies to the MSP in a pro-active way.
- Weekly reports for shareholders on progress.
- Liaison with Infrastructure Principle design for other related ancillaries and active infrastructure.
- Passive Infrastructure design site support, including documentation.
- Ad-hoc Small Works Contractors Site Design Audits, to support design compliance.
- Concessions and Deviations approval.
- Be a promoter and supporter of Health & Safety and QA for their cell sites.
- Reviewing and driving design requirements for design assurance.
- Be an advocate of good design and installation for cell sites.
- Produce, review and provide technical input into MSP documentation to ensure technical compliance with high-level requirements.
- Work as a member of a larger team to support the associated projects for all aspects of their briefs.
- Collaborating with other members of the infrastructure design team to ensure end-to-end solutions are full and complete;
- Updating Passive Infrastructure documentation to complement MSP requirements, under the guidance of the Passive Infrastructure Principle Designers;
- Weekly reporting on design Issues / escalations.
- Responding as a first-port-of-call to technical queries from many parts including Deployment, Property and Operations in a prompt and accurate fashion;
- Work with QA to provide agreed audit schedules for any upgrades.
- Visit sites to comment upon compliance with design guides as part of ongoing works for projects.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of appropriate industry standards and developments, to support best practice network future-proofing.
- Carry out ongoing design capability audits both of companies and their site designs, to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Support the Passive Infrastructure Principle Designers in carrying out due diligence reviews of shareholders technical documentation to ensure compliance with responsibilities and requirements
About The Person
- Experience of working as an infrastructure designer within a telecoms network arena.
- HND or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Evidence of technical document authoring.
- Driving Licence.
- Knowledge of the industry and suppliers.
- Electrical certification.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Wintel Engineer - Infrastructure / Gateway Design
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Site Acceptance Manager - Mobile Telecoms
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Site Enablement Manager - Mobile Telecoms
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Head of People - Mobile Telecoms
Location: Berkshire, England
Design Technician (CAD Drawing)
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Salary: competitive market rate