Technology Strategy Analyst
Project People are working with a Global Telecommunications Company that have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Strategy Analyst where you will be part of delivering the technological solutions they need to compete and grow as an organisation! This role will suit someone that has gained excellent consultancy skills in a large firm and is looking to bring their experience to industry.
As a Technology Strategy Analyst you will join the high performing Technology Strategy team that operates at the heart of Liberty Global. This key function provides rigorous, structured, well-articulated analysis to senior stakeholders in Technology, Finance, Product and Mergers & Acquisitions throughout Europe.
This role will offer you significant exposure across the organisation, as you will become part of a virtual team answering some of the most complex technical and economic questions, this will give you the opportunity to deliver to senior stakeholders, including our CTO and country Managing Directors.
Here is an insight into some of the responsibilities you will be accountable for:
- Providing teams within Technology and the wider Technology & Innovations group with insight into likely demands placed on platforms and networks to enable platform and technology deployment to be right-sized to accommodate likely demand
- On-going analysis of the E2E unit cost economics and TCO for these services and becoming a subject matter expert during the lifecycle of a project regarding its underlying unit economics. This will require day to day engagement with Procurement, technical Architecture and Finance stakeholders.
- Encouraged and supported in your use of tools such as R, Python and Matlab for modelling of large datasets and application of machine learning and neural network techniques.
- Support Technology teams in technology specific or T&I wide strategy analysis by providing a techno-economic modelling capability and managing individual business cases as needed
- Execution and presentation of Technology Strategy analysis, with projects including technology choices, planning, and innovations support.
- Provide capacity models and guidance for new B2B & B2C products & services into Technology & Innovation teams leveraging and analysis and working with E2E architects
Are you right for the role?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in mathematics, engineering, statistics or economics or able to demonstrate equivalent experience in the industry.
- Significant experience gained working in a consultancy firm and able to easily adapt.
- Experience of techno-economic/ financial modelling and have worked in a highly numerate and analytical environment
- Exposure and well-rounded experience of working and supporting projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to acquire insights/inputs from stakeholders across a diverse range of departments
- Ability to describe and explain complex models, concepts & themes to stakeholders in a simple and engaging manner
- Ability to perform complex data analysis with a proven track record in problem-solving
- Comfortable working across countries and cultures as part of virtual teams, using collaboration tools / digital platforms etc.
Nice to have experience/skills:
- Experience in a Telecoms or networking environment with a broad overall understanding of the technologies and platforms (some or all of OTT Video, TV, VoD, Voice, Broadband, WiFi)
- R, Python, SQL and C+ development experience desirable
- High aptitude for manipulating and processing large datasets using Databases/Code/ETL applications, and has at least experimented with machine learning and neural network platforms
- Experience of rapidly acquiring detailed knowledge regarding new products and detailed technical architectures
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills critical. Must be very happy communicating via Powerpoint.
- Good data visualization skills, including the development of clear, well-formatted excel based models
If you have the skills required for this position, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Technology Strategy Analyst
Location: London, England
Salary: Competitive Salary + 15% Bonus
Technology Strategic Associate
Location: Hammersmith and Fulham, London
Location: Berkshire, England
RF Planning and Performance Engineers
Location: Reading, Berkshire
IP Engineer - Contract - Dublin - ASAP
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland