ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, they have established end-to-end advantages information system management and cloud computing. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
We are now creating a perfect opportunity for technology experts to join a team IS solution for European Commission.
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
- Non-exhaustive list of the tasks to be carried out:
- Design, testing and development of Rich Internet applications;
- Assistance to the installation and configuration of the JEE platform;
- Assistance to the migration as well as updates of the JEE platform;
- Programming/Designing/Component generation/Scripting for the UI of AssMal² in the Angular framework;
- Design and development of applications for mobile devices (tablets, smartphones…);
- Design and development of user interfaces for PCs, tablets, smartphones;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good knowledge of the design and development of web applications;
- Good knowledge of web application development frameworks;
- Knowledge of scripting languages;
- Knowledge of Rich Internet Application technologies;
- Knowledge of web technologies and standards (e.g. HTML5, XML);
- Expertise in React/Angular is an asset;
- Knowledge in use of relational databases for persistence;
- Knowledge in SQL and/or PL/SQL;
- Good algorithmic skills.
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work with a high degree of rigour and method and, more specifically, to follow naming conventions and coding standards;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project.
As the applications managed and maintained in DIGIT.B.2 contain personal and confidential data, a high degree of discretion and integrity is required from all our staff members.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.