Technical support engineer will support DC and UPS power projects and ensure compliance of installation contractors to installation specifications. This includes compliance with BS7671 and customer policy. This role is both office and site based and flexibility is required to adapt to both. Although not hands on installation most days, the need may arise to install equipment.
Other duties include:
- Ability to lead customer and contractor discussions to ultimately improve quality, safety and installation standards on site.
- Installation team supervision and contractor management
- Act as a lead for technical aspects of project deployment
- Develop customer sales opportunities
- Attend site surveys to develop site design and costing
- Drafting installation specifications, engineering instructions and scope of work documents
- Updating manuals where required
- Supporting TD and PM to deploy projects
Report any incidents, accidents, hazards or near misses in the work place immediately as per company procedures
The position requires Development and continuous improvement of electrical power aspects of site design and construction methods, with particular reference to UK standards and procedures (BS7671 - 17th Edition). Support will be offered for company specifications and product knowledge
This role will either suit an experienced site installation engineer wishing to move into more of a management role, or an existing supervisor, project engineer or TSE.
Must have skills:
- BS7671 and GN3 detailed understanding, ability to review and back up decisions with regulation reference.
- Experience with calculations, selection and erecting and testing of Electrical systems within the UK in line with BS7671
- Design and certification of Telecommunication network equipment power supplies and connections, in the UK including breaker and cable calculations, component specification.
- Hands on electrical installation experience (Either recent or previous)
- Willingness to travel
- Driving licence
- Customer facing skills, able to lead an communicate problems and solutions on a technical level and translate technical issues to non technical personnel
- Flexibility to drive results and solutions to customer requirements in a timely manner including ad hock site incidents and issues resolution.
- Understanding of Microsoft suite software (word excel outlook etc)
- Experience with DC or UPS installations
Ideally have skills
- Experience with UPS switching
- Hands-on Data Centre and telecommunication power system rollout/swap experiences in the UK in a project engineer/supervisory/team lead/ capacity
- Experience with full backup redundancy power migrations for DC or UPS
- Electrical certificate checking - inline with GN3 BS7671
- Experience Planning / Designing installation or build
- Test and inspection C&G 2391 or equivalent
- Experience in BT enviroment, or data centre environments
- Supervisory experience
- MS Excel skills
Desirable skills (But not required)
- Data centre build and/or design
- Electrical design
- Any electrical policy decision making exp.
- Knowledge of BS6701:2010 (Data centre build regs)
- Bid work and job pricing
- Site Audits or Quality Checking
- Project management
- Generator set / Solar / Cooling AHU Experience
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.