|Job Title:||Technical Support Engineer - 2G Refresh Project|
|Start Date:||16th April|
|Contact Name:||Laura Gallagher|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Technical Support Engineer (2G Refresh Project)
My client is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join their team in the Berkshire area on an interim basis, to work on a 2G Refresh Project for a major Network Operator.
You will support DC and UPS power projects and ensure compliance of installation contractors to company installation specifications. This includes compliance with BS7671 and customer policy. This role is both office and site based and flexibility is required to adapt to both.
- Ability to lead customer and contractor discussions to ultimately improve quality, safety and installation standards onsite.
- Installation team supervision and contractor management
- Act as a lead for technical aspects of project deployment
- Attend site surveys to develop site design and costing
- Drafting installation specifications, engineering instructions and scope of work documents
- Supporting TD and PM to deploy projects
- BS7671 and GN3 detailed understanding, ability to review and back up decisions with regulation reference.
- Experience with calculations, selection and erecting and testing of Electrical systems within the UK in line with BS7671
- Design and certification of Telecommunication network equipment power supplies and connections, in the UK including breaker and cable calculations, component specification.
- Hands on electrical installation experience (Either recent or previous)
- Willingness to travel
- Driving licence
- Customer facing skills, able to lead an communicate problems and solutions on a technical level and translate technical issues to non technical personnel
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.