|Job Title:||Technical Services Team Manager|
|Contact Name:||Tim Shepherd|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Technical Service Team Manager
The role holder is responsible for providing support for the Shared Service management team. This role includes successfully managing the smart-shoring of a number of key customer support workloads. The successful candidate will provide support to the team mangers who manage small teams of technical people, assisting with planning and guiding service delivery achieving required service levels and customer satisfaction. The role holder aspires to deliver impeccable service and controls costs, and is able to perform team manager functions as required
- People Management. Manages, motivates and develops a small team of technical specialists, ensuring that the service levels are met.
* Customer Relations. Establishes relationships with customers and a range of managers.
* Risk Management. Establishes and manages risk for the team's technical skill levels and adequate resources to ensure that risks are mitigated and problems resolved, in relation to meeting our commitments.
* Planning & Control. Resource allocation/scheduling to meet the demands of delivering a service, taking into account changing priorities or issues. Uses strengths of team to achieve effective and efficient delivery of service within Service Level Agreement. (SLA)
* Service Delivery. Using strengths of team to achieve effective and efficient delivery of service. Ensure the delivery of services to meet SLAs as a minimum.
* Professional Specialization. Focus and attention is primarily on the specific services which the team is delivering to their current Customer base. Responsible for improving core skills, adopting standard processes and encouraging re-use.
* Tools Mastery. Ensures adherence to agreed strategic tool-set, emphasizing the need for improved deployment and usage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintaining and growing technical skill levels of the team and parallel growth in soft skills, to balance technical capability
* Coaching and mentoring team.
* Awareness and conformance to all relevant standards.
* All aspects of Performance Management process completed
* Build relationships with internal peers, stakeholders and customers as appropriate
* Customer feedback.
* Recognize where risk exists and communicate that risk to the appropriate channels, with a proposal to address the problem.
* Regular review of all service issues and exceptions.
* Encourages the use of best practice across the team, including documenting and sharing with others.
* Adherence to standard processes.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Technical Sourcing Recruiter
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: competitive market rate
Technical Design Authority - Infrastructure Virtualisation
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive daily rate
Security Assurance Manager
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Infrastructure Project Manager (Datacentres)
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary: Daily Rate
Software Development Manager
Location: Berkshire, England