|Job Title:||Technical Services Engineer Expert|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Contact Name:||Konrad Klusek|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Technical Services Engineer Expert
The role holder is self-sufficient and has recognised specialist skills in supporting multiple products for multiple customers in order to maintain the availability and security of the service. The role holder also delivers medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects and has the ability to understand complex situations and activities, also being able to communicate basic technical information to non-technical people.
- Providing specific support in the area of Enterprise Backup, AWS support and Enterprise and Exchange Vault for several customers and is also involved closely in planning for upgrades or extensions to their backup environments. These include SMBC, DCC and Quartet and AWS project migration. Also requiring VMware, SAN and Unix skills particularly in EMC, RecoverPoint and Solaris.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as an established systems/product/security specialist (e.g. detailed knowledge of the configuration of interlinked systems, implementing technical changes, building software regimes and contributing technically to service development) to support end users.
- Follows established processes, releasing to the change control process verified, validated and documented enhancements to eliminate problems and proactively develop the service.
- Service Level. Recognises opportunities to improve performance against Service Level. Acts as a point of escalation for other team members to resolve service delivery issues. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Works within the team or under guidance from the project manager with implementation of technical designs to meet service delivery requirements within own area of responsibility.
- Customer Relationship. Establishes working relationships with customer's organisation to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership in obtaining the information, evidence and data required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems (new and known), Escalates or gains support where appropriate. Proactively analyses, trends and reports on information (e.g. on performance service levels) in a timely manner to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Team Working. Trains and coaches members of the team to provide knowledge, assistance and advice. Works in a problem solving team to resolve service issues. Able to stand in for team manager.
- Business Awareness. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service. Recognises and reports opportunities for additional business.
- Professional Development. Maintains awareness of technical and service developments, taking the initiative to extend own knowledge to learn about products, technologies and techniques to deliver enhanced service.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Transport Design Technical Lead
Location: Berkshire, England
III-V Device Design Engineer
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Network Engineer - DV Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
TEST ENGINEER - (SDM, Nokia ONE-NDS) - Mobile Telco
Location: Berkshire, England
Mobile Engineer - Climber - Mobile Telecoms - Kent / Essex
Location: Essex, England
Salary: £20000 - £28000 per annum