I have a number of great contract positions open for Technical Service Delivery Managers with network work migration/deployment experience to come on board and work for a global IT company based in either Chiswick, Stevenage or Birmingham. This will be an initial 6 month contract position with competitive rates on offer.
To manage teams of network engineers to complete site network migrations for the customer. Expected to be 3 or 4 engineers per team (Per TSTM). TSTM to co-ordinate pre and post work for the day's sites plus co-ordinate engineers on bridge calls during day, handing over snags to snagging team.
The role holder is responsible for managing a team of people, or virtual team, planning and guiding service delivery, achieving required service levels and customer satisfaction. Role holder deploys, manages and develops people, aspires to deliver impeccable service and controls costs.
- People Management. Manages, motivates and develops a team of technical specialists, ensuring that the service levels are met.
- Customer Relations. Establishes relationships with customers and a range of managers across the company to act as a respected technical interface both internally and externally to exhibit confidence that we can deliver and enhance their service.
- Risk Management. Establishes and manages risk for the team's technical skill levels and adequate resources to ensure that risks are mitigated and problems resolved, in relation to meeting our commitments.
- Planning & Control. Resource allocation/scheduling to meet the demands of delivering a service, taking into account changing priorities or issues on services of a small to medium capacity. Uses strengths of team to achieve effective and efficient delivery of service within Service Level Agreement. (SLA)
- Business orientation. Anticipates the impact of business issues on own team and takes appropriate action. Is responsible for monitoring and controlling issues.
- Service Delivery. Using strengths of team to achieve effective and efficient delivery of service. Ensure the delivery of services to meet SLAs as a minimum, always striving towards improvements, with impeccable service as the ultimate goal.
- Professional Specialization. Focus and attention is primarily on the specific services which the team is delivering to their current Customer base. Responsible for improving core skills, adopting standard processes and encouraging re-use.
- Tools Mastery. Ensure adherence to agreed strategic tool-set, emphasizing the need for improved deployment and usage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintaining and growing technical skill levels of the team and parallel growth in soft skills, to balance technical capability
- Coaching and mentoring team.
- Awareness and conformance to all relevant standards.
- All aspects of Performance Management process completed
- Build relationships with internal peers, stakeholders and customers as appropriate
- Customer feedback.
- Recognize where risk exists and communicate that risk to the appropriate channels, with a proposal to address the problem.
- Regular review of all service issues and exceptions.
- Encourages the use of best practice across the team, including documenting and sharing with others.
- Adherence to standard processes.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.