Technical Delivery Manager
Technical Delivery Manager required for leading Mobile brand based in Berkshire, for a 6 month assignment.
We looking for an established Technical Delivery Manager / Technical Project Manager with a background in delivering complex SI (System Integration) projects. The role will focus on a mix of system-to-system connectivity, and software development.
Working for the Head of Resource Development, within End-2-End Delivery, you'll be accountable for the technical delivery of projects or work packages, through the complete IT Delivery lifecycle. This will mean working with, but not limited to, business owners, key stakeholders, 3rd parties, design, development, testing, and deployment and operations teams.
Based on business priorities and available delivery capacity you will agree the packages of work to be delivered, and provide committed delivery dates.
Leading a virtual team you will be responsible for multiple iterative deliveries, by ensuring the teams are progressing through the work package through the software and hardware delivery lifecycles. You will proactively bring together end-to-end technical delivery teams and foster collaborative way of working, being a point of engagement for the stakeholders and the wider business. You'll ensure committed delivery dates are achieved.
- To define, maintain and communicate each technical project plan that you are accountable for
- Reporting the progress of each project based on transparent KPIs, the current RAG status, and back to Green plan if required
- Point of contact to engage and provide support to business and technical stakeholders of each project
- To work closely with key business owners/stakeholders, Business project managers and the IT delivery teams to ensure a high quality, on time project to agreed scope
- Ensure quality gate criteria is met at each gate, and where this is not met communicating the impact of this back to the relevant stakeholder
- Managing any conflicts within the Project to ensure these do not impact the delivery of the project and ultimately the release
- To manage all elements of the end to end project process ensuring issues, risks and dependencies are managed appropriately
- Working with End-2-End Delivery and wider business to actively manage issues, risks and dependencies
- Capture learnings and improvements as we progress through the Project that the Release Management team can apply to future projects within future releases
- Accountable for adhering to delivery governance
- Manage conflicts to ensure they do not impact delivery
- Continuous improvement of ways of working, to improve time, cost and quality delivery
Required Skills / Experience:
- Experienced in managing technical projects in a telecommunications environment
- Self-starter, highly motivated and articulate, with ability to solve complex problems and take decisions
- Proven delivery experience within a complex IT environment with significant volume of change
- Proven track record of building and managing excellent business-wide relationships at all levels or an organisation
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects / delivery`s simultaneously
- Proven ability to lead and coach multi discipline, matrix technical delivery teams in collaborative and iterative methodologies
- Highly customer-focused approach
- Strong financial management and budgetary control
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Experience of leading transformational cultural and process change
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Experience of working within a complex and sizeable Release Management model, either within a technical delivery team or as a Release Manager
- Project Management experience or exposure, creating and maintaining Project / Programme plans
- Experience of applying different IT delivery methodologies, such as Agile, Scrum, Lean and Waterfall
- Degree educated
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to Rachel.Hart@projectpeople.com
Suitable candidates will be contacted prior to shortlisting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Service Delivery Manager / Service Manager (Patching)
Location: London, England
Delivery Assurance Lead/Consultant - Berkshire - contract
Location: Berkshire, England
Technical Services Engineer Expert
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Technical Support Expert - Cloud - EMC SAN - VMware - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Performance Acceptance Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire