Project People are currently working with a Telecommunications Company based in Berkshire that are recruiting for a Systems Administrator to join their technology team.
This role will work closely with the Service Manager, and is responsible for the support, maintenance and administration of the internal IT system. Activities will include processing accounts, day-to-day administration, supporting end users and super users within business functions and also from suppliers and shareholders.
- As a key member of the IT team, you will be expected to follow ITIL methodology for dealing with requests and issues, in meeting the needs of end-users. This may include building a workflow, creating / amending a view, creating Reports and liaising with the Supplier to achieve a successful outcome.
- You will take on the responsibility for importing and exporting data as the business requires, ensuring the data integrity and relevant security is upheld.
- Provide support to project managers for data and system integration activities within and outside the organisation for both business as usual and project changes.
Must-Have Experience for this role:
- Good experience within a Systems Administration function, carrying out administration, creation of reports and customisation
- Experience in manipulating data for import/export
- Good experience with document management (content types, document retention, capacity planning, Managed Metadata)
- Ability to work collaboratively with the business users and other IT groups to design, build, configure, and maintain the appropriate views, customisation and reporting.
- Assist the business users with their use of the internal system, answering questions, training the business Admins, suggesting improvements to their process or methodology, etc.
- General troubleshooting of problems experienced by end-users, and collaborative participation with the Supplier to resolve problems with the platform.
- Experience with ASP.NET and Web Services is a plus
- Business Analysis skills and documentation
- Relevant industry certifications e.g. MCP, MCITP, MCSE, MCSA
- Bachelor's Degree equivalent
- Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies such as HTML and CSS
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.