Job Title: NOC Support Engineer
Purpose of Role
The duties of this role will be to provide direct technical support for all of N&T products and services as part of the NOC Team and assist in the day to day operations and duties of the Customer Support Centre / NOC. It is expected that direct customer support will be an integral part of this role, where the NOC Support Engineer will work remotely on the customer premises as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
To provide technical support to engineers and customers relating to Meraki equipment and provided solution on contract with N&T. The activities will involve the support of existing deployed networks and the support of N&T products. The engineer will work with the current support personnel to understand the products and their use within the deployed networks and to develop their diagnostic skills / capability.
- Investigation of network issues and customer interface problems
- Liaison with Field Engineer Visits to customer facilities and 'live' sites as part of problem based investigation
- Generation of Support documentation (web and paper based)
- Support workarounds, solutions and mitigations for identified issues
- Support the NOC Helpdesk on identified issues requiring more detailed and in-depth analysis
- The reception of escalated customer fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service
- Maintain full and accurate records and progress all customer fault reports and technical enquiries
- To perform remote diagnostic tests where applicable to aid primary fault rectification
- To work with and alongside development engineers
- To provide technical and procedural assistance to N&T and Fujitsu Field Engineers
- To ensure all work performed complies with the Company's, procedural and accredited standards.
- Record returned items from Field Engineers and liaise with Fujitsu repair
- Provide 'configured' equipment to Field Engineers
- Work in the 4 on / 4 off 12 hour shift.
- Practical 'hands-on' skills
- Familiar with MS Office Applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a '1st/2nd' line support group
- Be UNIX literate.
- Ideally be familiar with Solaris Operating systems
- Knowledge of IP, DSL, Knowledge of CISCO, Juniper & Brocade, & Ideally accredited in one.
- Ideally have been in a support role in a Telecoms/Datacoms environment.
- Excellent Communication
- Can work under pressure
- Willingly takes ownership
- Able to prioritise
- Be proactive and determined
- Be a quick learner
- Be a good team player
- Be flexible in their availability to provide the necessary support as it may be required to provided on an 'on-call' basis, delivering planned support during evenings, nights, weekends or on secondment to customer's premises for periods of time
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.