Design Engineer - Structural - Berkshire - Permanent
Main Purpose of Role
Act as supporting technical authority for design and implementation related to the specific role, required to facilitate the deployment of passive infrastructure into the site portfolio
Technical supporting authority in the field of site design, responsible for component design for both existing and new demand requirements.
- To support design lead for all incoming BAU design queries, resolve with appropriate design guidance or to delegate to specialist within the design team. This includes queries in relation to sites out of service and maintenance issues.
- Ensures design standards and solutions are accordance with the appropriate BS EN standard or legislation.
- To manage general design queries, generating design standards and supplier auditing
- To support design authority for engineering specialism. Managing and maintaining current suppliers, documentation and guidelines associated to environmental systems.
- To analyse current solutions and develop new products accordingly. Ensures compliance in installation quality and ensure acceptable performance of network sites. This is to ensure that all solutions deployed into the network are fit for purpose and requirements for installation and maintenance area clearly defined and accepted by the business. Ensures the company maintains control of the infrastructure deployed on site
- To review incoming Active design changes and assess impact on passive design guidelines
Compliance & Security
To support and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our obligations to our customers
Project Management & Planning
To plan, scope, cost and define objectives with stakeholders for design related projects. Manage the identification, development, implementation and approval of design solutions specific to this role, including installation, maintenance and H&S investigations. To ensure design projects are delivered on time and to the customer's needs
To engage with and assist all key stakeholders and stakeholder groups who are connected to the design function. This will range from answering site specific queries, presentation design solutions during quarterly design workshops and communicating with design stakeholders during monthly joint meetings
Risk, Issue & Dependency Management
To proactively identify and record all design and H&S risks, issues and dependencies and subsequently managing their mitigation of resolutions escalating to those that require senior escalation to ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion and risk are highlighted appropriately
Management of Change
To manage change to requirements of design within the role's particular field brought about by customer demand, in particular managing the impacts on the scope, timescales, cost and quality. Communicating with key stakeholders as appropriate and managing their expectations for completion
Act as an expert reference point for all site design queries related to the roles particular field and ensure the clear communication of design & standards information is issued to all relevant parties (internal/external deployment managers and external design managers) and to maintain the relevant area of the design manual. This is to ensure all parties have the relevant information to complete build works instructed b Instructions issued to senior designers, information issued to all levels
Experience (technical, managerial, industry)
Broad experience working in site design environment, working with suppliers and shareholder management
Education level / Qualifications (professional, vocational)
A Level English, Math, Science, Bachelor (Honours) Degree in Engineering and related qualification to the specific role
Skills / Knowledge
Broad knowledge of Telecoms infrastructure and suppliers
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Security Engineer
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Salary: £1 - £2 per annum
Network Engineer - LLD - Security Cleared - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
RAN Test Engineer - 4G - Permanent - Mobile Telecoms
Location: Bristol, England
Senior Web Application Developer
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Salary: £1 - £2 per annum
WAN Architect - Perm - Basingstoke - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire