Structural Design Engineer
Theale - Reading
About The Company
My client, based in Reading, Berkshire, are a trusted and credible partner to some of the biggest telecoms companies in the UK, delivering and managing the best network infrastructure. They manage the network sites for companies including the consolidation of sites to create a single grid and are responsible for maintaining and managing the infrastructure assets and sites across the UK. They are looking for a Structural Design Engineer to act as the Technical Authority for the design and implementation of their Telecoms infrastructure site portfolio.
About The Role
In this role, you will be in the field of site design, being responsible for component design for both existing and new demand requirements.
- To act as technical lead for all incoming BAU design queries resolving them with appropriate design guidance or to delegate to specialist within the design team. This includes queries in relation to sites out of service and maintenance issues.
- Ensures design standards and solutions are accordance with the appropriate BS EN standard or legislation.
- To manage general design queries, generating design standards and supplier auditing
- To be lead design authority for engineering specialism. Managing and maintaining current suppliers, documentation and guidelines associated to environmental systems.
- To analyse current solutions and develop new products accordingly. Ensures compliance in installation quality and ensure acceptable performance of network sites. This is to ensure that all solutions deployed into the network are fit for purpose and requirements for installation and maintenance area clearly defined and accepted by the business. Ensures they maintains control of the infrastructure deployed on site
- To review incoming Active design changes and assess impact on passive design guidelines
- Compliance & Security - To lead and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our obligations to our customers
- Project Management & Planning - To plan, scope, and cost to define objectives with stakeholders for design related projects. Manage the identification, development, implementation and approval of design solutions specific to this role, including installation, maintenance and H&S investigations. To ensure design projects are delivered on time and to the customer's needs
- Stakeholder Management - To engage with and assist all key stakeholders and stakeholder groups who are connected to the design function. This will range from answering site specific queries, presentation design solutions during quarterly design workshops and communicating with their clients and partners design stakeholders during monthly joint meetings
- Risk, Issue & Dependency Management - To proactively identify and record all design and H&S risks, issues and dependencies and subsequently managing their mitigation of resolutions escalating to those that require senior escalation to ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion and risk are highlighted appropriately
- Management of Change - To manage change to requirements of design within the role's particular field brought about by customer demand, in particular managing the impacts on the scope, timescales, cost and quality. Communicating with key stakeholders as appropriate and managing their expectations for completion
- Communication - Act as an expert reference point for all site design queries related to the roles particular field and ensure the clear communication of design & standards information is issued to all relevant parties (internal/external deployment managers and external design managers). Also maintain the relevant area of the company's design manual - This is to ensure all parties have the relevant information to complete build works instructed by them (at all levels internal/external deployment managers and external design managers) as well as instructions issued to senior designers, information issued to all levels
Skills & Experience Needed
- Experience (technical, managerial, industry) - Broad experience working in site design environment, working with suppliers and shareholder management
- Broad knowledge of Telecoms infrastructure and suppliers
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Wintel Engineer - Infrastructure / Gateway Design
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Design Technician (CAD Drawing)
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Salary: competitive market rate
Network Support Engineer - Migration Network Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
2nd Line Desktop/Deskside/Service Desk/Support Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
2nd Line/Desktop/Deskside/Service Desk/Support Engineer -Retail
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire