Strategy and Business Analyst
Based in Berkshire
Our telecoms client is currently seeking a talented Strategy and Business Analyst to join them in Berkshire, this would suit someone who is looking for fantastic career progression opportunities.
Purpose of the Role:
The principal purpose of the role is to analyse and model business and financial scenarios and opportunities.
This role requires an individual with an interest in how businesses develop strategy and grow. It will require initiative and liaison across the company up to a senior level. This will include running the analysis and modelling with subject matter experts and preparing Board level presentations. This will require an understanding of how businesses work, excellent excel skills and a good understanding of financial business cases.
- To understand and critique opportunities for growth. Work with senior stakeholders to generate operational and financials models to support decision making. This requires initiative and drive to obtain all necessary information across multiple stakeholders to complete the modelling.
- To build consistent, accurate and robust excel models to support decision making. Apply best practice in modelling around structure, capturing inputs, built-in controls & checks and facility to run scenarios and sensitivities. Production of understandable and critiqued outputs for inclusion in Board approval papers.
- To build relationships with stakeholders, including senior leadership team and subject matter experts to understand the current organisational situation, identify needs and create solutions for functional and company objectives in line with the company scorecard and vision. Working with other members of the finance, commercial and wider business team to continually improve reports, processes and support new initiatives
- Modelling in investment bank, fund or commercial modelling for large corporate
- Experience of building complex models
- Experience in producing clear models with logical, clear results that can influence opinion and underpin decisions
- Maths A level - A grade
- Can work with large data sets and utilise
- Advanced Excel skills are critical
- A highly analytical individual with experience in delivering decision making focused analysis and recommendations to senior managers
- Possess strong communication skills, including the ability to interface effectively with senior staff and explain complex financial information to non-finance individuals.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to Rachel.Hart@projectpeople.com
Suitable candidates will be contacted prior to shortlisting
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.