Solutions Architect - Enterprise - Web - Defence - Bristol - SC Cleared
Our client is a leading developer of IT services within the sectors of government, defence, marine, environment and space. We are currently looking to recruit a Solutions Architect to contribute to a range of exciting new and existing projects within our Enterprise Solutions and Defence Division, based in Bristol and Chippenham.
- Provide solution architectures, including infrastructure and application design, including the selection of IT components and packages.
- Works with the business analyst and/or elicits the business requirements to ensure the technical solutions meet the business need and can be delivered on the chosen architecture.
- Assess the potential impacts on the customer such as implementation, license costs, maintenance, etc.
- Takes responsibility for solution architecture and lead delivery/development teams, ensuring the agreed technical architecture and development methodologies are followed.
- Assists with pre-sales support and presentations to customers.
- Contributes to bids and providing the lead on technical aspects in responses.
- Keeps abreast of technology and develops new techniques for use in systems architecture.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to provide expert advice in a digestible form to both the company and its customers.
- Ability to estimate costs and implementation timescales associated with potential solutions.
You will ideally have the following skill set:
- Proven track record of designing, estimating and implementing large-scale enterprise level applications and/or web solutions.
- Extensive software development and design experience and proven experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of design and modelling techniques (e.g. UML).
- Understanding of estimating techniques (e.g. Cost, Effort, Risk).
- Familiarity with web application development, integration and testing (e.g. JSF, Spring).
- An understanding of various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, DSDM).
- An understanding of software standards (e.g. ISO9001, ISO 20000:1).
- In depth knowledge of multi-tier client-server architecture.
- Experience of taking requirements and proposing system architectures.
- Understanding of virtualisation strategies and sub-capacity licensing models.
- Experience of security policies and models.
- Excellent knowledge of web-based technologies and associated standards.
- Knowledge of enterprise databases (e.g. SQL-Server, ORACLE).
- Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, mobile).
- Knowledge of XML and related technologies.
- Knowledge of middleware architectures (ESB, SOA).
- Knowledge of embedded systems or real-time systems.
- Understanding of Open Source licensing issues.
Desirable skills - any knowledge or experience of the following:
- Understanding of project management techniques.
- Experience of Quality Assurance and testing.
- Understanding of cloud hosting models and their security and management implications.
Any other information e.g. dual location, special security clearance, foreign languages:
- Must be prepared and willing to work at other client office locations or on customer sites.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Must either have SC clearance already or be able to obtain it immediately.
Our client offers a comprehensive range of benefits including pension, life assurance and private healthcare.
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on (0117) 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.