Software Tester - ISEB / ISTQB - Perm
Main Purpose of Job:
To act as a functional tester of all software applications (including Hand held terminals and server enterprise applications) and ensure identified functionality is tested using black box techniques and record and report results. To identify data sets needed for planned testing and for the re-testing of identified defect fixes.
- Create test plans and functional specifications at project start-up and work with the development team, the business analyst and the project manager to ensure appropriate tests are defined and developed.
- Be the centre of testing for a development team - mainly using .NET and Java
- Work closely with the team members to develop test schedules to deliver high quality solutions.
- Create and execute test cases and test scripts for designated software development projects, including the maintenance of data sets for testing.
- Assist others in performing functional and non-functional testing for applications using their scripts.
- Ensure documented tests are properly prepared executed and evaluated and procedures for incident management are followed.
- Collate and present test results, status reports and reports to the team.
- Monitor own performance for line management by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports using tools provided.
- Participate in project review meetings and make recommendations to improve the test plans and process.
- ISEB or ISTQB Foundation certified
- Previous experience of .NET and Java testing experience
- Knowledge of various operating systems, software architectural patterns and database technologies
- Knowledge of installing applications on Windows servers
- Use of test tools management tools JIRA and Test Rail or similar
- Any automated testing skills, particularly Selenium
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal command of English
- Very well organised individual with a methodical approach and an excellent eye for detail
- A team player capable of taking his / her own initiative in a busy and productive environment
- Good PC skills including MS Word and Excel
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.