Great Permanent position open for a Software Tester to come on-board and work for an innovative supply chain technology company based in Maidenhead, Berkshire. This will be a permanent position with competitive salary on offer as well as benefits.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal command of English
- Very well organised individual with a methodical approach and an excellent eye for detail
- A team player capable of taking his / her own initiative in a busy and productive environment
- Good PC skills including MS Word and Excel
- ISEB Foundation certified
- Knowledge of various operating systems, software architectural patterns and database technologies
- Knowledge of installing applications on Windows servers
- Use of test tools management tools JIRA and Test Rail or similar
- Any automated testing skills, particularly Selenium
- Create test plans and functional specifications at project start-up and work with the development team, the business analyst and the project manager to ensure appropriate tests are defined and developed.
- Work closely with the team members to develop test schedules to deliver high quality solutions.
- Create and execute test cases and test scripts for designated software development projects, including the maintenance of data sets for testing.
- Assist others in performing functional and non-functional testing for applications using their scripts.
- Ensure documented tests are properly prepared executed and evaluated and procedures for incident management are followed.
- Collate and present test results, status reports and reports to the team.
- Monitor own performance for line management by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports using tools provided.
- Participate in project review meetings and make recommendations to improve the test plans and process.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.