Software Test Engineer for Space Systems - Automation - Bristol - Permanent
Do you want to use your software skills to make a difference to society? The software our client produce will contribute to controlling satellites observing the Earth's weather systems. Every time you see a European weather forecast you will know that your contributions helped to facilitate it, which helps people every day, as well as helping to avoid misfortune due to weather storms.
The Software Test Engineer role will include working directly with the software development teams to implement the detailed test programme and support deployment and testing at the integration site and ultimately at the spacecraft control centres.
The role will involve:
- Working as part of the team to support integration and testing of software sub-systems
- Development of Automated tests and associated test tools
- Support and management of a continuous integration environment to ensure that software sub-systems are regularly and thoroughly tested.
- Support for analysis and corrective maintenance of software anomalies
- Direct interaction with customers to support systems testing and higher levels of integration
- Travel to the customer site, as required, to assist with testing, provide support or training.
To be successful you must possess the following skillset:
- You must have a software engineering or software test background with experience of formal test programmes including verification and validation.
- An understanding and appreciation of good software development practices is essential, including the contribution to software documentation.
- The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- You must be either SC Cleared or eligible to undergo the Clearance - ie UK based and a resident for over 5 years.
- It is expected that the role will include customer interaction, so the successful candidate will be fluent in English and confident in their role in representing the company.
- Experience in the use of Java within TDD and BDD toolsets
- Understanding and experience of Continuous Integration
- Understanding of verification and validation, particularly from a customer perspective
- Requirements engineering
- Experience of working in different levels of Software Testing Lifecycle including UAT
- Automation: User experience with web based and desktop based applications tools
- Experience with Linux
- Experience of working on test management and bug tracking tools
- Experience of producing test documentation including test scenarios, test results reports
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on 0117 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.