Software License Desk Consultant - Microsoft / SAM / MCP / ELP
Recruiting immediately and on a permanent basis, for a fantastic client close to High Wycombe, Bucks, who need a Software License Desk Consultant.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a keen eye for detail and work well within a team. You should possess a logical and thorough approach to work and be comfortable and confident in taking on an advisory role for customers. You should also be self-motivated and commercially aware. If this all sounds like you, please read on!
About the role
The IT Asset Management (ITAM) Team's Software License Desk currently supports a number of key client customers by providing remote and on-site Software Asset Management services. This successful service based in the High Wycombe area is expanding, and you will be working proactively to manage customers licensing entitlement and compliance positions, utilising an industry leading license management solution.
Supported by the wider team, you will be working with customers to help optimise their software estate, ensuring they obtain maximum value from their investment. You will assist clients in day to day entitlement management, as well as providing anything from scheduled reports and update calls to full on-site Effective License Positions - all to ensure that our customers are totally in control of their software estate.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning team working at the leading edge of Asset Management services. Full training will be provided depending on experience, and you can expect to progress towards a more senior role within the team. Whilst primarily office-based, some travel will be required for scheduled visits to customer sites.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- Previous experience of Microsoft licensing models and schematics.
- Competent at conducting ELPs (Effective License Position).
- Have / be working towards the Microsoft SAM MCP qualification.
- Full driving licence and own car would be an advantage.
Experience of/exposure to:
- Licensing knowledge of Microsoft, Adobe and/or VMware.
- Additional knowledge of Oracle/IBM database products would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience working with Software license management solutions such as Snow Software would be an advantage
- Knowledge of license management, ITIL processes and discovery tools
In order to apply for the opportunity, please send your most recent CV to email@example.com and your application will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.