Software Engineer - C++ - Java - Permanent - Bristol
Our client is a global IT Services provider and are keen to recruit strong Software Engineers proficient in C++ and Java languages to join their expanding Space Division which will be based out of their offices in Bristol.
As a team member of the Ground Systems Division you will contribute to the development, maintenance and validation of mission control systems used in the space domain and includes infrastructure development. You should be able to work to deadlines, have good inter-personal skills and be flexible as regards moving from project to project and in assimilating new technologies.
You will ideally have the following skillset:
- A degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent.
- Strong experience in software development and software engineering.
- C++ and Java programming languages
- Source Code Control System (SVN or Git)
- Development on Linux systems
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, gcc, debugging
- Eclipse IDE
- Production of technical documentation
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel to customer sites
- A valid work permit for the UK and the willingness to obtain security clearance
- Experience with monitoring and control systems
- Preferably experience on development of M&C systems based on SCOS 2000.
- ECSS standards for space software development
- Model-Driven Software Engineering (UML, Design Patterns)
- Eclipse RAP / RCP
- Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Gerrit
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on 0117 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.