Social Media Manager - Initial 3 Month Contract - Berkshire
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading telecommunications company based in Berkshire with travel to central London.
The responsibilities and skills required by this role are:
- Help to develop and implement a world class PR & Social media programme
- Ongoing engagement and outreach to key bloggers and influencers to generate brand coverage online, during campaigns and as BAU
- Help manage agency partner interface to maximise impact for our PR & Social media campaigns taking responsibility for achieving key social media targets on an annual and campaign basis
- Brief our agency during campaigns to capture feedback and insight
- Share monthly buzz monitoring reports with business stakeholders, manage new briefs into the agency and become a competent user of Radian 6
- Manage daily conversation taking place on our clients Twitter feed, Facebook page and blog
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programmes. Analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results and track growth
- Compile monthly buzz reporting and ad-hoc reports
- Develop and manage a conversation calendar that is fully integrated with the PR strategy and programme
- Act as an advocate for our client in social media spaces, engaging in conversations and responding to queries where appropriate.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, design and strategy
- Provide ongoing advice and recommendations on the opportunities to grow our social media presence within marketing and across the business and agree hand-off points between social media comms team and other functions e.g. Retail, Customer Services.
Skills, Experience and Qualification:
- Experience in a social media and/or PR role, either in-house or agency
- An active participation in and solid understanding of social media
- Be a proactive self-starter that doesn`t wait to be asked
- Able to take pragmatic decisions for the good of the cause, even under pressure
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to produce clear and concise presentations and reports
- Hands on experience of managing social media platforms and blogger relationships
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the sector and the business.
- Crisis communications and issues management experience
- Experience of managing agencies
- Academic or professional qualification in a marketing or business discipline.
If this role caught your interest, please apply today or send your CV directly to Eva.Graf@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.