SNOC Analyst / Security Analyst - DV Cleared
Description of Project
The Security Operator is part of the Security and Network Operations Centre (SNOC) team that support the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the MoD ICT infrastructure. This role is responsible for triage, handling and investigation of security incidents alerted to the SNOC via security monitoring or third parties. The Security Operator is, in addition, responsible for the day-to-day management, monitoring, and control of the Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) system.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities
Accountable to a senior Security Analyst and providing 24 hour cover the Operator will monitor the MoD and Management networks and respond to SIEM alarms utilising a range of technical practices. The Analyst will also assist with the on-going development of the security policies for the SIEM in collaboration with project technical Subject Matter Experts, and as a result of threat intelligence.
The SNOC Security Operator will be expected to develop the required skills to become a Security Analyst, and will also be expected to cross train on different security technologies. A good knowledge of Information Security principles is a necessity.
- Thorough knowledge of information technologies and their functions.
- Understanding of network security methods and tools.
- Understanding of the attack lifecycle.
- Technical experience in a service operations environment.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Customer and business orientation.
- Must hold or be eligible for DV clearance.
- Qualifications such as CEH, GSEC, Security+.
- Experience of LogRhythm.
- Knowledge and experience of SIEM technologies.
- Experience of management, monitoring and maintenance of security appliances such as IDS/IPS, firewalls, packet capture solutions, web/email filtering.
- Understanding of security incident handling.
- Understanding of threat intelligence.
- Experience working with or within the MOD Security environment.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.