Site Engineer / Data Centre Engineer - Rack/Stack/Splicing/SLA
Recruiting immmediately for a client in London, who are looking for a Site Engineer / Data Centre Engineer, to join the business on a permanent basis.
Although this role mainly runs a relatively standard working day, from 8.30am - 5.30pm, there will be ocassions (1 week in 8), where by night shifts need covering from 7pm - 7am (12 hours) and weekends need covering (also 12 hour shifts). Therefore, candidate must be happy to show this flexibility.
Execute onsite technical requests on behalf of customers:
- Act as first point of contact for ECSC for technical requests
- Troubleshoot and fix cross connect issues
- Installation of customer equipment in line with specifications
- Respond to tickets within agreed SLA's
- Work within Interxion guidelines and procedures
- Provide feedback to the customer on status's
- Provide level of customer services as indicated in the client contract
Installation of customer equipment in the Data Centre:
- Installation and testing of Cross Connects
- Installation of pre cabling
- Accurate documentation of all installations
Knowledge and qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge of Data installations and terminations
- Demonstrable experience in fibre and copper cabling
- Demonstrable understanding of Health and Safety
- Be familiar with MS office
- Experience of salesforce & CRM
- Knowledge of Fluke testing equipment is an advantage
- Experience of working in a client facing datacentre
In order to apply for the role, please email your most recent CV to Richard.Gallagher@projectpeople.com and your application will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.