Greta Position open for a Shift Process Engineer with experience in working in a Semiconductor enviroment to come on-board and work for a Global Telecommunications and Technology company based in Ipswich. This will be an initial 6 month rolling contract position with a competitive salary on offer.
This role is part of the Fab Engineering team and the Technical Operations team supporting the business in delivering products within set parameters and time frames. The role requires the post-holder to work within the clean room as well as lab areas, to maintain, develop and deliver process solutions with a specific emphasis on providing a broad support from process engineering during shift operations (both in & out of normal day-time hours). Processing of manufacturing, engineering development and experimental batches with technician support may also be required
- Track record of process ownership in a semiconductor wafer fab;
- Broad knowledge of fab process including photolithography, wet etch, dry etch, CVD dep, metals and thinning;
- Knowledge of SPC and 6s techniques, in particular first response to out of control/spec events;
- Good degree in relevant subject (for example Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Electronic Eng.)
- Proven ability to work under own initiative with attention to detail, and to stop when advice is required.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines - level headed.
- Proactive team player and ready communicator.
- Displays a positive approach to working & learning and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Ability to ensure prioritisation of work dovetails with the needs of the business.
- Flexible approach to working - work the hours to do the job.
- Supportive of the company culture and ethos.
- First point of contact for all front face wafer fab process related issues occurring during out-of-hours shift operation;
- Work closely with equipment engineering and operations teams to restore down process back to production;
- Deploy and review effective statistical control of processes to ensure a stable and robust processing platform;
- Provide effective hand-over to/from day shift process engineers;
- Provide technical expertise to project teams;
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.