Great positions open for Shift Operators/Shift Technicians to come on-board to work for a market leading global telecommunications company based in Ipswich, Suffolk. This will be an ongoing temporary position. This will start off as an initial as a 9.00am - 5.30pm working day before moving on to a shift pattern with hours of 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm for late shift. Competitive rates and benefits available as well as 25+ 8 holidays. The option of overtime is also available
The Operators role is to be part a Technical team delivering design, projects and products to customers within set parameters and time frames.
The role is based within clean room and laboratory conditions where tasks will follow documented instructions and specifications in an ISO9001 controlled environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a technical environment, with excellent attention to detail and manual dexterity.
- Proven ability to follow design drawings and specifications, recording process data as required
- Demonstrable relevant experience in device fabrication in some of the following; Photolithography, wet etching, RIE etching, metal and dielectric deposition, wafer thinning, cleaving and dicing, facet coating, die and wire bonding, validation & reliability packaging and testing.
- Processing material through a range of hi-tech fabrication, test and validation tools that enable CIP to produce advanced optoelectronic research components.
- These processes will operate under either Engineering or Production control with the appropriate support and training provided.
- The role holder will uphold rigorous: Safety, Quality and Environmental standards to ensure safe and efficient working practices.
- The role holder will learn, understand and follow controlled documented standards of Operating Procedure, equipment set-up use and maintenance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.