SERVICE TRANSITION MANAGER (RAN Network)required to work for a large telecommunications company based in Berkshire.
PLEASE ONLY SEND YOUR CV AT THIS STAGE
We are undergoing a period of significant transformation in the provision and management of IT and Network services. This has established the need to expand the Business Operations function, ensuring the effective end to end support across IT Infrastructure, IT Applications, Enterprise Intelligence, Core and Radio Network, domains. Therefore we are looking for a Service Transition Manager (RAN Network) to be part of the Service Transition team that builds our Service Management models and manages the delivery of projects into operational support with our partners and suppliers. Coming from a Service Delivery / Project Management background your first rate organisational skills will ensure that we deliver our Customers a service and experience that they expect and more.
Responsibilities of the Service Transition Manager (RAN Network) include:
- Ensure new Services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, WLAs and OSS monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities.
- Act as a gate keeper function that ensures an effective transfer to Operations in compliance with the Service Readiness Process for all new services introduced via the business project lifecycle.
- Provide fully documented services, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the service and are aligned to ITILv3 best practice.
- Ensure effective de-commissioning of services that are deemed 'end of life' - to confirm the remove of all operational facilities, and redundant equipment, whilst ensuring any operational dependencies are effectively managed
- Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders
- Represent the Operations team at all project meetings to define and implement service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services
- Work with Project Managers, Business Owners, Service Owners, Managed Service Partners, Operations teams and 3rd parties to ensure that projects are delivered in compliance with the Service Readiness Process
- Ensure that any new 3rd party contracts contain an agreed support schedule which aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up with SLAs managed through regular service review
- Interface with the Project Support Office to ensure adequate Service Transition and Back Office Operations Team coverage across all relevant work requests
- Define and deliver the end to end support model with all key stakeholders across multiple delivery organisations
- Ensure all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design and Service Transition functions
- Ensure training requirements and any other non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed Service Acceptance Criteria
- Ensure an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered for new services
- Participate in end to end stakeholder groups to improve the efficiency of future deliveries and processes
- Identify and manage Operational risk to ensure a successful transition to service
- Drive continuous improvements to the quality and efficiency of delivery using the structure defined within the Service Readiness Process.
- Provide Governance of the Service Readiness Process, and Sign Off for all key project stages and artefacts.
The successful Service Transition Manager (RAN Network) will have:
- Education to degree level (Technical/Science preferable) or equivalent Telecommunications / IT industry experience. (5yrs minimum)
- Demonstrable experience of designing support models for services/platforms over their entire lifecycle, from concept to retirement through design, transition and operation
- Commitment to service excellence and customer experience
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing and developing environment
To apply for the Service Transition Manager (RAN Network) please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.