Service Transition Manager - IT/Telco
Berkshire based with occasional travel
Our client is currently looking for a Service Transition Manager to join on a contract basis and be a crucial part of Service Transition team that builds their Service Management models and manages the transfer of IT Services into operational support with their partners and suppliers.
You should come from a Service Management background with good transition experience, and will be able to showcase your first rate organisational skills to ensure that the company delivers to their Customers a service and experience that they expect and more.
Reporting to the Lead Service Transition Manager you will be accountable to the Director of Business Operations for the quality of delivery and successful Transfer to Operations for new and changed services in line with ITIL best practice.
A background of transferring IT Services (Infrastructure, Applications, BI Systems, BSS Systems) would be desirable, as well as some mobile network knowledge.
- Ensure new Services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, WLAs and monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities.
- Act as a gate keeper function that ensures effective Transfer to Operations in compliance with the Service Readiness Process (SRP) for all new services introduced via the business project lifecycle.
- Provide fully documented services, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the service and are aligned to ITILv3 best practice.
- Ensure effective de-commissioning of services that are deemed `end of life`- to confirm the remove of all operational facilities, and redundant equipment, whilst ensuring any operational dependencies are effectively managed
- Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders.
- Represent the Operations team at all project meetings to define and implement service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services.
- Work with Project Managers, Business Owners, Service Owners, Managed Service Partners, Operations teams and 3rd parties to ensure that projects are delivered in compliance with the SRP.
- Ensure that any new 3rd party contracts contain an agreed support schedule which aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up with SLAs managed through regular service reviews.
- Interface with the Project Support Office to ensure adequate Service Transition and Back Office Operations Team coverage across all relevant work requests.
- Define and deliver the end to end support model with all key stakeholders across multiple delivery organisations
- Ensure all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design and Service Transition functions.
- Ensure training requirements and any other non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed Service Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered for new services.
- Participate in end to end stakeholder groups to improve the efficiency of future deliveries and processes.
- Identify and manage Operations risks to ensure a successful transition to service.
- Provide Governance of the SRP, and Sign Off for all key project stages and artefacts.
- Ideally you will come from an IT/Teclo background with knowledge of mobile networks
- Good Service Delivery / Project Management experience.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV through to Ashley.Amakoh@projectpeople.com.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.