Service Transition Manager - IT Services - CONTRACT - BERKSHIRE
Service Transition Manager-Operations/ IT services - CONTRACT - BERKSHIRE
Leading Telecoms company in Berkshire require Service Transition Manager to focus on IT Service Transitions.
Our client is undergoing a period of significant transformation in the provision and management of IT and Network services. This has established the need to expand the Business Operations function, ensuring the effective end to end support across IT Infrastructure, IT Applications, Enterprise Intelligence, Core and Radio Network, domains.
* You will be accountable for the quality of delivery and successful Transfer to Operations for new and changed services in line with ITIL best practice.
* You will liaise between business owners, project managers, design teams, operations teams, and our partners / supplier communicating between all key stakeholders to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of new services
* You will ensure Service Management procedures are established and documented that align with ITILv3 best practice, and provide the capability to measure, and maintain performance of the service post launch to promote continual improvement.
* Be part of the Service Operations function which is responsible for end to end Service Management processes in collaboration with multiple partners and suppliers, across various disciplines including Network and IT Operations.
* Liaising with internal technical subject matter experts and business owners of key platforms and processes you will ensure end to end Service Assurance requirements are met.
* Ensure new Services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, WLAs and OSS monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities.
* Act as a gate keeper function that ensures effective Transfer to Operations in compliance with the Service Readiness Process (SRP) for all new services introduced via the business project lifecycle.
* Provide fully documented services, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the service and are aligned to ITILv3 best practice.
* Ensure effective de-commissioning of services that are deemed `end of life` - to confirm the remove of all operational facilities, and redundant equipment, whilst ensuring any operational dependencies are effectively managed
* Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders.
* Ensure that any new 3rd party contracts contain an agreed support schedule which aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up with SLAs managed through regular service reviews.
* Define and deliver the end to end support model with all key stakeholders across multiple delivery organisations
* Ensure all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design and Service Transition functions.
* Ensure training requirements and any other non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed Service Acceptance Criteria.
* Ensure an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered for new services.
* Participate in end to end stakeholder groups to improve the efficiency of future deliveries and processes.
* Identify and manage Operations risks to ensure a successful transition to service.
* Provide Governance of the SRP, and Sign Off for all key project stages and artefacts.
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.