Service Operations Architect - Contract - Berkshire - Telecoms OSS/BSS
Reporting into the Head of Service Design & Transition you will be responsible for defining the Operations requirements needed for successful delivery of a mobile operator's IT and Network technologies.
You will be part of a team accountable for ensuring our technology deliverables are customer focused and driving operational efficiencies through:
- Effective service design
- Enabled Configuration Management - central to all IT & Network delivery and operation
- Scalable support models.
Part of a team accountable for reviewing all projects which impact IT and Network technologies and make the decision on requirements needed to Operate the technology which include: Consulting on business requirements, reviewing solutions and selecting vendors where appropriate
The Operations function needs to actively engage in the solution definition process of technical deliveries of IT and Network Strategy to ensure business outcomes are achievable.
This role is being created to ensure that the Operational framework for effective Service Deign is implemented to ensure that a shift to supporting new technologies can be achieved without impact to customer experience and drives down the over cost of operation over the next five years.
- Responsible for the development of the Operations Service Design framework for new technology solutions being delivered by IT & Network teams
- Responsible for embedding best practice Service Design/Architecture practice in evaluation of technology deliverables to meet business needs
- Accountable for establishing the operational requirements needed to underpin services provided to end customers and business customers
- Accountable for adherence to the Service Design framework to ensure effective set up and ongoing maintenance of:
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Service definition schedules
- Operating Level Agreements (OLAs)
- Security Compliance
- Operation Support System (OSS) inputs
- Service Catalogue
- Configuration Management baseline
- Service Support Manuals
- Policy Management frameworks
- Responsible for ensuring that IT & Network technology suppliers adhere to the minimal acceptance criteria across pre-defined operational requirements.
- Accountable for definition of end to end service flows through OSS that ensures customer experience of service is understood and appropriate monitoring is implemented through standardised tooling for effective and proactive Service Management.
- Demonstrable understanding of Operational process and utilisation of OSS to achieve effective end to end Service Design.
- Experience of Service Design in IT and Network technologies e.g. the management of Network and BSS utilising OSS capabilities
- Proven track record in defining services to run, operate and change a combination of on premise (private), hybrid and public cloud based solutions
Nice to Have:
- Familiar with best practice IT Service Management frameworks and security controls (eg. ITIL, COBIT, eTOM, ISO27001)
- Educated to degree level. (Science preferable)
- ITIL certified (Expert preferable)
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.