Service Desk Consultant (NON-TECHNICAL service desk) - 24x7 Shift Work
6 Month rolling contract - Central Reading
I am urgently recruiting for 7 x non-technical Service Desk Consultant to be based in offices in central Reading. This will be a 6 month rolling contract.
Please note, we require someone who is willing to work shifts - including days, nights, weekends - 4 on 4 off basis. The shifts will be a mix of days and nights (12 hours).
The Service Desk is the 24x7 single point of contact for all internal and external customers and is responsible for the interface into ICT & Network Operations for all incidents and service desk requests. You will be providing 1st line (non-technical) support for all internal and external customers, raising tickets, troubleshooting and liaising with technical support teams.
This is a key role working within a large, hardworking team for a fun and vibrant company.
- 1st line support for all faults/incidents using Remedy trouble ticketing system
- Ensure prompt and professional response to all types of enquiries into service desk
- Forward faults to 2nd/3rd line support teams
I am looking for someone with:
- Experience in a fast paced operational environment - IT support desk
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Logical approach to problem solving and great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Familiar with trouble ticketing systems - eg Remedy
- ITIL Foundation certified or familiar with working within an ITIL environment
This is not a technical position. This role does not require someone who is currently working at 2nd or 3rd line support level.
Applicants must be happy to work a 12 hour 24x7 shift pattern (days, nights, weekends).
Please note, there is no parking available on site. My client is located centrally in Reading, close to bus and train links.
If you are interested in this contract opportunity please submit your application online to Salome Maybanks.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.