Service Desk Consultant (non-technical service desk) - 24x7 Shift Work
6 Month rolling contract - Central Reading
I am urgently recruiting for a non-technical Service Desk Consultant to be based in offices in central Reading. This will be a 6 month rolling contract.
Please note, we require someone who is willing to work shifts - including days, nights, weekends - 4 on 4 off basis. The shifts will be a mix of days and nights (12 hours).
The Service Desk is the 24x7 single point of contact for all internal and external customers and is responsible for the interface into ICT & Network Operations for all incidents and service desk requests.
- Single point of contact for all operations
- 1st line support for all faults/incidents via trouble ticketing system
- Ensure prompt and professional response to all types of enquiries into service desk
- Forward faults to 2nd/3rd line support teams
I am looking for someone with:
- Experience in a fast paced operational environment
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Logical approach to problem solving and great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Familiar with ITSM tool sets (trouble ticketing - eg Remedy)
This is not a technical position.
Applicants must be happy to work a 24x7 shift patter.
Please note, there is no parking available on site. My client is located centrally in Reading, close to bus and train links.
If you are interested in this contract opportunity please submit your application on line to Salome Maybanks.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.