|Job Title:||Service Design Architect (RAN Operations)|
|Salary:||Competitive daily rate|
|Contact Name:||Tommy Clifford|
|Job Published:||28 days ago|
Reporting into the Head of RAN Operations you will be responsible for defining the RAN Service Management Operations framework for our current and future RAN and RAN Transport technologies.
You will be part of a team accountable for;
- Ensuring our RAN technology strategies are customer focused and driving the right operational outcomes for our customers through effective:
- Service Design
- Configuration Management - central to all RAN, IT & Network delivery and operation
- Process development requirements and outcomes
- Developing a scalable RAN Operation to accommodate business requirements out to 2026 - aligned to business strategies over the next 5 years.
- Reviewing capabilities of suppliers to meeting the technology vision of our brand and making decisions on which suppliers are most suitable to delivery of the Operational outcomes
- Support both growth of the business and the enhance customer experience needed across all services.
Working across our Joint Venture partner, our suppliers, our JV partner's suppliers and internal stakeholders.
What makes this role unique?
We are rapidly developing our technology strategy to meet the future demands of a growing business with Customer expectations ever more enhanced by our companies status as the UKs most reliable Network.
In order to provide Services that enhance this position the Operations function is actively working with the IT and Network Strategy teams to develop a technology capability to underpin reliable, cost effective and digitally enhanced services over the next 5 years.
You will take our overall Operations and Service strategy, policies and L0 processes and ensure these are translated into the right policies, standards and requirements for RAN services across internal and external parties.
You will have the expertise to define additional specific operational details to extend the above policies, processes and standards into the RAN domain. Where necessary you will ensure what has been defined is successfully contracted and can be managed once live
This role is being created to ensure that the RAN Operational framework for effective Service Design is implemented to ensure that a shift to SON and software defined networks can be achieved without impact to customer experience and drives down the over cost of operation and increase the reliability of our network over the next ten years. This will also require collaboration with our RAN Joint Venture Partner and their suppliers as well as Three UK's own internal teams and Managed Service Partners.
What does the role involve?
The key purpose of this role is to ensure that we have a coherent and aligned RAN ops service design model that will deliver an efficient and effective RAN operations capability to underpin our customer experience.
This will include validating assumed service designs that interact across multiple technology environments both internally and into partner organisations and ensuring that the required outcomes are achieved during set up and delivery. The service designs will be tested against contractual commitments as well as supporting capabilities such as OSS.
- Alignment of Operational Readiness, Service Design with Business Readiness requirements
- Shared accountability (with other members of the team) for:
- The development of the RAN Operations Service management framework for new and existing technology solutions being delivered by RAN & TX Transformation
- Establishing the RAN operational requirements needed to underpin services provided to end customers and business customers
- The production and adherence to the Service Design framework to ensure effective set up and ongoing maintenance of:
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Service definition schedules
- Operating Level Agreements (OLAs)
- Security Compliance
- Operation Support System (OSS) inputs
- Service Catalogue
- Configuration Management baseline
- Service Support Manuals
- Policy Management frameworks
- Validation and definition of end to end service flows through OSS that ensures customer experience of service is understood and appropriate monitoring is implemented through standardised tooling for effective and proactive Service Management.
- Supporting the RAN Ops leads in delivery of their project obligations.
- Shared responsibility for ensuring;
- We have alignment with our key stakeholders in the business to support our UK Marketing customer experience strategies
- We embed best practice Service Design/Architecture practice in evaluation of technology suppliers to meet business needs, policies and standards
- That the JV and RAN technology suppliers adhere to the minimal acceptance criteria across pre-defined operational requirements.
- An awareness and understanding of the Technology & Operations vision and strategy.
- Familiar with best practice Service Management frameworks and security controls (eg. ITIL, ISO27001)
- Demonstrable understanding of Operational process and utilisation of OSS to achieve effective end to end Service Management Design.
- Relevant experience of RFQ, RFP evaluation and contract definition in Service Management.
- Experience of Service Design in RAN Network technologies e.g. the management of RAN and Transmission Networks utilising OSS capabilities.
- Proven track record in defining services to run, operate and change in a complex multi-sourced Managed Service environment Stakeholder management at 'C' level.
- The ability to Problem solve and develop tactical and strategic solutions within constrained environments.
Nice to Have:
- Educated to degree level. (Science preferable)
- ITIL certified (Expert preferable)
- Digital ways of working and how this can benefit RAN Operations
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Platform Architect
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competetive Salary and Package
Lead Microsoft Architect (Unified Communications/Skype)
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
NETWORK SECURITY ARCHITECT - MOBILE TELCO STRATEGY
Location: Berkshire, England
M-Commerce Architect - Contract - Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
RAN Operations Service Transition Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire