Service Design and Transition Manager (ITIL) - Berkshire - Permanent
Leading Mobile Telecoms service provider have an exciting new function within the Operations department for a Service Design & Transition Manager. This is an amazing opportunity for the right individual to build a function around themselves and make a real impact within an already very successful Service Company.
The Service Design & Transition Manager contributes to delivering the Operations outcomes of:
- Engaging effectively with the shareholders.
- Anticipating shareholder requirements and needs.
- Managing a shared roadmap.
- Monitoring service KPIs and reporting to shareholders.
To deliver the outcomes, the Service Design and Transition Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading, planning and coordinating service transition activities across functions, projects, suppliers and service teams
- Responsible for developing and maintain stakeholder relationships including those within the company, MSPs and Shareholders. Actively improves communication and relationships across the business and our wider ecosystem
- Responsible for owning and leading the Transition Planning and Support strategy, framework and process. Drives continuous improvement and ensures that it remains both efficient and effective
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring progress for service transition changes, issues, risks and deviations; including tracking progress on actions and mitigation of risks
- Applies Service Design and Transition domain expertise to provide advice and guidance to internal and external colleagues
- Accountable to review and report upon all service transition activities, including maintenance and integration of plans for specific service transitions
- Manage the performance of your team, driving high performance by setting stretching and challenging objectives. Continually review these and provide feedback on an on-going basis
- Be a true service provider - understand your customers' needs and encourage your team to deliver a great service internally and externally
- Identify and develop talent within the wider Operations Team. Develop, support and coach staff to shine
- Provide feedback and recognition across the whole organisation
Service Design and Planning
- Accountable for working with stakeholders to define, document and agree operational requirements for new or modified services, documented within service design packages
- Accountable for preparation activities for service transition, including assurance of shareholder/supplier activities
- Responsible for providing good-quality knowledge and information about services and service assets
- Service Testing
- Accountable for planning and designing tests that validate services have been built against design specification
- Accountable for evaluating test exit criteria and test exit reports
- Responsible for ensuring that policies, processes and procedures are in place to protect the live operational environment
- Responsible for ensuring there are efficient repeatable mechanisms for building, testing and deploying services and releases
- Deployment and Early-life support
- Accountable for leading early life support activities during service transition into live operations
- Accountable for leading verification of deployment to ensure it achieves stakeholder requirements specified in the service design package without unexpected impact to other services
- Accountable for leading the post implementation review and facilitating the agreement to close deployments
- Responsible for seeking feedback from wide range of stakeholders. Using this to improve themselves, their function, systems and processes and the company as whole
- Responsible for supporting improvement to cross functional working
- The successful Service Design & Transition Manager will have:
- Significant industry experience
- Detail technical knowledge or telecommunications solutions
- Experience of cross-functional working and the ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with regards to building key relationships across the business and with external partners
- Strong influencing skills across all levels of business
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with both technical and business orientated stakeholders
- Good technical understanding of the RAN environment.
- Understanding of operational environments including across the service management lifecycle (strategy, design, transition, operations and Continuous Service Improvement)
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.