Great opportunity to work within an exciting new function within an Operations department and to build a function around themselves to really add value and make an impact within an already successful Service Company.
Candidates require a strong background within service design and transition and be ITIL v3 within service design.
Experience within a telecoms environment is desirable but not essential.
Purpose Of The Role
Leading Service Design and Transition across Operations and act as the prime interface for senior management for service design and transition. The role includes responsibility for documenting and agreeing the service design and transition scope, strategy and framework. This must be championed internally/externally, defines service requirements for new modified/services and assures deployments meet the requirements as specified in Service Design Packages.
The Service Manager contributes to delivering the Operations outcomes of:
- Engaging effectively with the shareholders
- Anticipating shareholder requirements and needs
- Managing a shared roadmap
- Monitoring service KPIs and reporting to shareholders
To deliver the outcomes, the Service Design and Transition Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading, planning and coordinating service transition activities across functions, projects, suppliers and service teams
- Responsible for owning and leading the Transition Planning and Support strategy, framework and process. Drives continuous improvement and ensures that it remains both efficient and effective
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring progress for service transition changes, issues, risks and deviations; including tracking progress on actions and mitigation of risks
- Applies Service Design and Transition domain expertise to provide advice and guidance to internal and external colleagues
- Accountable to review and report upon all service transition activities, including maintenance and integration of plans for specific service transitions
- Manage the performance of your team, driving high performance by setting stretching and challenging objectives. Continually review these and provide feedback on an on-going basis
- Be a true service provider - understand your customers needs and encourage your team to deliver a great service internally and externally
- Identify and develop talent within the wider Operations Team. Develop, support and coach staff to shine
If you are interested in this position please call or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - 0118 9285550.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.