Senior Systems Architect - Contract
We are looking for a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues. They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions. Involved with packaged applications in the areas of, but not limited to, ERP (Enterprise-wide Resource Planning) CRM (Customer Relationship Management), BI (Business Intelligence) etc.
The role holder will be responsible for the specification and design of information systems to meet defined business needs in any public or private context, including commercial, industrial, scientific, gaming and entertainment. The identification of concepts and their translation into implementable design. The design or selection of components. The retention of compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures, and the adherence to corporate standards within constraints of cost, security and sustainability.
Location: Any - will be majority home based but will require client visits - main client in Essex/London.
- Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings, designing larger, more complex solutions.
- Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
- Defines the approach to larger, more complex solution development and acceptance testing, controlling technical scope and the work of the design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure.
- Represents the company at customer forums, conferences, and professional bodies to build its reputation in the market place.
- Establishes customer requirements for a solution building strong relationships and acting as a major influence in the customer choosing our solutions.
- Contributes to definition of customers' overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity, and can manage the work of specialists contributing to the design and implementation.
- Shares knowledge with colleagues to make a useful contribution to company's knowledge base.
- Hands on experience with ServiceNow
- Knowledge of a full lifecycle architecture, including design, implementation and costing
- Stakeholder management skills
- Skills in CA UIM
- Service Desk experience
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.