Senior Solution Architect (CORE / RAN / IMS / Diagnostics OSS) - Berkshire - Contract
- Senior Solutions Architect required on a contract basis for a leading Mobile Telecoms company in Berkshire to work on a variety of projects across networks (RAN / Packet Core and IMS) and some IT (OSS).
- Along with mult-domain network architecture and design experience across RAN, Packet Core and IMS we would be particularly interested in experience with OSS Diagnostics.
Senior Solutions Architect
- Reporting to the Network Services Diagnostics Design Manager, you will work cross-functionally with Business owners, non-technical stakeholders as well as IT, Operations and Customer support channels to validate the basic network service design and then own the end to end design for support covering Engineering, Operational and Customer facing support teams.
- You will be expected to show architectural and design leadership and have the relevant experience and knowledge to ensure the end to end technical support capability of complex services across multiple domains.
- The role will focus on leading the support design aspects of service or complex multi-environment projects throughout the development lifecycle.
- It will require close working with technical teams in Devices, RAN, IP & Transmission, Core, Network Services, IT (Administration, Billing and Customer Care), Test, Operations and Multi-channel Customer Support where leadership will need to be displayed to facilitate the alignment of the design communities on a common solution.
- We are looking for an End to End (E2E) Design Engineer who can understand how to support new networks and services, identify and help resolve any challenges with the new service, identify options to support the new service and specify the high level design for all levels of network support.
- With a focus on diagnostics, a flexible approach is needed to understand both how services work, but then how they can break and how the breakage can be detected and corrected.
Knowledge and experience
- Extensive mobile telecoms architecture experience with a proven record of working on complex projects across multiple domains as a technical lead with responsibility for the end to end design.
- Able to demonstrate the ability and adaptability to identify and describe complex technical solutions and challenges to technical and non-technical stakeholders in terms suitable for the target audience.
- Track record of effectively managing interfaces to external partners such as our Managed Service partners.
- Capability and willingness to quickly learn (technical, process and culture)
- Have demonstrable experience and knowledge of good practice project management skills, techniques and methods.
- Ability to influence and persuade senior management, shareholder representatives and senior counterparts.
- Effective stakeholder and communication skills applicable at all levels including CxO
- An effective communicator and presenter, with the ability to build relationships at all levels across the business.
- Full system & product development lifecycle knowledge including strategy, requirements management, architecture, design, implementation, testing, integration and deployment.
Demonstrable skills and expert knowledge of six or more of the areas outlined below:
- Mobile Data Core architecture - 3G / 4G (LTE)
- Mobile Voice Core architecture - 3G / 4G (LTE)
- Mobile Network Service Control layer and Messaging
- RAN - 3G / 4G (LTE)
- Traffic Enforcement/Management Solutions
- IP & Transmission
- ABC architectures (Administration, Billing & Customer Care)
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.