|Job Title:||Senior Security/Vulnerability Analyst|
|REF:||CC - SVA_1541669031|
|Contact Name:||Christopher Casey|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Senior Security/Vulnerability Analyst
Project People are currently working with the largest international cable company in the world with a Global Security team that is responsible for the Enterprise and Customer security across 14 countries in Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.
This role will be part of the Global Security Operations team where you will be responsible for monitoring, investigating and managing security incidents across all of the company's operations across Europe.
The Threat & Vulnerability Management team sits within Global Security and is responsible for the identification and management of all threats and vulnerabilities within all companies.
The purpose of the role is to maintain the vulnerability management solution ensuring that all assets in scope are scanned for vulnerabilities, on a scheduled basis and that the findings are available at all times and understand the requirements of the business and constantly evolve the vulnerability tools to meet this demand.
To do this you will be:
- Operate a vulnerability management tool to the agreed KPI's.
- Take personal responsibility to continually improve the capability of the vulnerability management tool
- Provide direction to the vulnerability analysts and GSOC for activities related to vulnerability identification, mitigation and remediation
- Deliver tangible results in decreasing the number of vulnerabilities via patching or remediation to the agreed SLA's
- Maintain a set of metrics across the estate and provide reports to senior management about the exposure in terms of active vulnerabilities and the risk they pose.
- Enable timely and secure sharing of threat information.
- Broader overall security related responsibilities as part of a cutting-edge security team
What will you need for this role?
The Senior Security Specialist will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in computer science, mathematics or other computer-related field of study
- Experience of working within a large enterprise vulnerability management program
- Experience of working in CERT, consulting or military environments preferred
- Practical experience with Splunk on a large enterprise level
- In-depth understanding of running large enterprise systems
- In-depth understanding of penetration testing
- Using scripting languages such as Python to write code to assist in investigations
- Experience in presenting findings and making recommendations at a senior management level.
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders in the context of improving security.
If you have the skills required for this position, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
Reward Analyst / Compensation Analyst
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive day rate
Project & Process Support Analyst
Location: Reading, Berkshire