|Job Title:||Senior Python Developer|
|Salary:||£1 - £2 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rassin Wurie|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Senior Python Developer
About The Company
My client, based in the Hertfordshire area, are one of the leading telephone, television and internet services providers in the world with 27 million customers around the world. They looking for a Senior Python Developer to join their Technical Engineering Team in a time of expansion.
If you are an all-round developer who loves to follow clean coding principles, is passionate about code quality and agile working, then we're looking for you to join their team!
About The Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the development, configuration and maintenance of Wi-Fi platforms, including single page web applications and backend services, and their integration with other business platforms. You will need to have experience of crafting large-scale SaaS platforms and be able to work on both or either specialise in back-end development but have some expertise with front-end or infrastructure-as-code.
- You will liaise with product owners, designers and architects to clarify requirements and advise on design and direction of new products and features.
- You will offer technical expertise within a collaborative application development environment, thus contributing to feasible and cost-effective system solutions.
- You will provide impact analysis on current systems and assess changes required.
- You will estimate the timescale of programming and associated development activity.
- You will maintain all source code related to software development activities under standard version control and configuration management processes.
- You will ensure that all work follows approved methods and standards and conforms to agreed quality, including automated unit and integration testing and technical documentation.
- You will undertake peer code review.
- You will resolve any defects found as a result of testing.
- You will participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- You will work multi-functionally as part of the wider technical team to ensure interoperability with other developments and to provide assistance where needed by others in the team.
- You will contribute to the development of methods and standards.
- You must maintain a secure working environment in line with the requirements of the Security Policy in order to protect individuals, information and assets.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Recent practical software development experience, including design, program build, testing/debugging and implementation of multi-user business applications using a relational database system
- Recent knowledge and experience of developing in a PHP framework, ideally using MVC patterns and JQuery
- Ability to work from design specifications and follow programming standards
- Understanding of program flow and logic & OO design concepts
- Theory and practice of quality control and assurance in relation to programming and design
- Expertise with an application lifecycle management tool such as Jira and version control such as GitHub.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Systematic, logical approach to design and construction
- Can provide clear, accurate and appropriate written documentation
- Productive, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst staying focussed and keeping close attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and IT colleagues, including good written and spoken English language skills
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into business language
- Good influencing and negotiation skills, able to manage expectations
- Organisation and planning skills to manage own work within the constraints of team and project plans
- Ability to work collaboratively but also act on own initiative
- Keenness to learn new programming and technical skills
- Interested in appropriate use of technology to solve business problems
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience in Python
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 4 year's relevant work experience OR at least 6 year's work experience
- Expertise in Laravel and/or Lumen application development frameworks
- Expertise in ReactJS and/or Angular
- Experience in MYSQL, BigQuery
- Experience of implementing solutions on premise or in cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or terraform
- Experience in development of mobile applications
- Experience in Linux, Apache, NGINX, Tomcat
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Experience with continuous delivery and DevOps tools and practices
- Some experience of team leadership, mentoring and/or coaching
- Understanding and awareness of IT industry standards
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: London, England
Salary: Competetive Salary and Package
Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Software Support Engineer / Developer - C/C++
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Salary: Salary and Benefits
Software Developer - C, C++ - Manchester - Permanent
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Senior Windows Integrator - Windows - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland