Exciting opportunity to be involved with an organisational wide transformation playing a pivotal project planner role being the key interface between transformation and the business functions. The planner will ensure the functional delivery plans clearly identify dependencies, assumptions, resource requirements and that the critical path clearly identified. The planner will attend functional planning meetings, take the lead role to ensure the tracking of plans and schedules, perform analysis to identify and resolve critical path and dependency conflicts.
Experience of planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team.
Expert experience in MS Project 2010 & 2016 is essential. Additionally, advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Visio would be an advantage.
- Provide expert planning support and assist in the development of the planning processes; identification of key stakeholders; communication.
- To develop, maintain and progress quality project plans / schedules in line with the functional processes and transformation project requirements.
- Maintain key interdependencies between projects and programmes confirming appropriate monitoring and action is undertaken as required in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the project plans / schedules developed and utilised
- Validate plans / schedules in line with the agreed strategy and base-lined plan ensuring that functions use the change process to manage any variances to plan.
- To act as the key point of interface between the transformation team and the functional teams.
Ensure all critical resources and task dependencies are identified and related risks are assessed, communicated, prioritised and managed.
- Facilitate the supply of accurate data to support effective prioritisation decisions, providing information regarding constraints, business required dates and slippage.
- Liaise with all parties to ensure programme & project planning submissions are issued in a timely manner to be reviewed prior to planning meetings.
- Chair planning meetings, providing information on new or amended assignments, securing updates and updating the Plan.
- Facilitate the resolution of resource requirement conflicts between the portfolio of programmes, projects and changes.
If this role is of interest please call or send your CV to Amanda.email@example.com - 01189 285550.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.