Senior Procurement Consultant
About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are one of the leading network, telecommunications and mobile technology companies in the UK. They looking for a Senior Procurement Consultant to join their exciting Senior Leadership & Procurement Team, to assess their complex challenges and drive an existing team forward in order to enhance the Procurement offering for their organisation.
About The Role
Reporting into the Head of Procurement, your primary contacts will be - C Level Executives, The Senior Management/Leadership Team, including the Director of Core Network, Heads of functions in both technology delivery and operations business units as well as Key programme related personnel. You will responsible to successfully lead the Core Network category to deliver a 'best in class' procurement and supply chain offering, acting in a partnering style to promote Procurement to the wider business. You will be a conduit to work being funnelled through Procurement, minimising leakage allowing control.
You will be managing a cross-functional team to deliver to challenging programme outcomes through coaching team members on ways of working and support them with guidance and gravitas as required. You will need to influence peers and line manage to alternative ways in working where relevant and beneficial.
About The Person
- Law & Regulation - Professionally interpret and apply knowledge of local laws and regulations in the context of procurement related activities
- Market Research & Analysis - uses research and analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of market conditions in order to facilitate the success of a brand, product or service.
- Vendor Management - Manages commercial relationships with vendors so that they deliver the best possible results given available resources.
- Procurement Business Case Development - Develops business cases for the procurement of particular products and services.
- Procurement Process Management - Manages the entire procurement process from start to finish.
- Data Management - Acquires, organises, protects and processes data to fulfil business objectives.
- Negotiation - Negotiates and helps the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
- Planning and Organizing - Plans, organises, prioritises and oversees activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Policy & Procedures - Provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Action Planning - Appropriately plans or performs necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
- Verbal Communication - Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
- Commercial Acumen - Develops solutions based on an understanding of the business environment and objectives
- Managerial Experience - Experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes
Other Experience Required:
- Wide and deep experience providing expert competence
- Prior exposure to multiple businesses and sectors in order to be able to draw on and apply relevant experience
- Experience of executive/board level business partnering
- Outstanding leadership skills, able to coach and support teams and team members alike
- Exceptional engagement and relationship building abilities, naturally accessible and able to communicate complex challenges in simple terms
- Strategically minded and creative, able to translate a vision into clear methodical plans with excellent problem solving ability
- Leadership experience of developing complex, business wide category, budget and supplier strategies
- Significant experience of running substantive end to end Procurement projects within blue-chip organisations
- Significant experience of commercially managing complex and high value (£100m+) outsource contracts/relationships, including leading complex commercial disputes through to successful resolution
- Deep experience on the Procurement basics - contract law, negotiation, market dynamics, commercial strategy, strategic sourcing, supply management, commercial contract management
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Lead Cloud Security Consultant (Azure)
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Security Architect/Security Consultant - ICS/SCADA/Utilities/OT
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Test Consultant - DV Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Recruitment Consultant - Swedish Speaking
Location: Bristol, England
Salary: PMI, Bonuses,Commission,25 days holiday,Parking
SAP FICO Functional Consultant (S4 HANA/GL/AP/AR/AA/COPA)
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire