Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Work Location: UK/Suffolk/Ipswich
Reports to: Process Engineering Manager
As a process engineer, you will be part of the Fab Engineering team and the Technical Operations team to support the business in delivering products to meet technical specifications and timelines. You will work mostly in the clean room as well as lab areas, to optimise existing processes to support R&D and manufacturing wafers. Also, you will work closely with facility/equipment engineers as well as integration engineers and develop new processes in the process modules to meet new device requirements for future technology, and also provide support to transfer processes to large volume manufacturing.
- Day to day operation owner of a defined Process tool set.
- Direct technicians/operators to process R&D and manufacturing wafers to meet schedules.
- Schedule and complete (hands-on where necessary) maintenance activities on all related tools.
- Maintain statistical process control (SPC) charts of processes/equipment to establish a stable and robust processing platform.
- Monitor process output data records against specs, and make necessary process corrections and adjustments.
- Assist in creating building blocks within process modules.
- Interfacing to design and testing teams (spec reviews, FMEA etc.)
- Document tool operation and process details and write standard of procedures (SOPs)
- Provide process instructions/training for technician/operators and engineering colleagues.
- Develop new processes to meet product and technology roadmap requirements.
- Deploy change control processes as required.
- Minimum of 3-years Fab experience in Process Engineering / Process Development Experience with Process equipment and metrology tools.
- Good dexterity for handling InP wafers and samples.
- Track record in using structured problem solving techniques.
- Degree in relevant subject, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering,
- Electronic Engineering etc.
- Knowledge and experience of SPC processes.
- Experience in setting up successful design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis.
- Above undergraduate, preferably a PhD in relevant subjects.
- Good knowledge of InP based materials and ICP etching.
- High level proficiency in SPC, 6σ techniques and gauge R&R studies.
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines - level headed.
- Proactive team player who is also capable of working independently.
- Positive attitude in working & learning and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Attention to details.
- Proven ability to work under own initiative, and to stop when advice is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.