Our client is a leading ICT solution provider, as well as one of the leading global telecom solution providers. Our products and solutions are serving 45 of the world's top 50 operators and a third of the world's population.
Since 2012, Our client has continued to invest in their UK R&D, Ipswich Research Centre, are based at Adastral Park near Ipswich, Suffolk in the UK and have E2E III-V Semiconductor capabilities, including Design, Modelling & Simulation, Epitaxial Growth, Process, Fabrication and Test to provide Advanced Optoelectronics solutions for leading edge Telecommunication systems.
Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Reports to: Process Manager
As a process engineer, you will be part of the Fab Engineering team and the Technical Operations team to support the business in delivering products to meet technical specifications and timelines. You will work mostly in the clean room as well as lab areas, to optimize existing processes to support R&D and manufacturing wafers. Also, you will work closely with facility/equipment engineers as well as integration engineers and develop new processes in the thin film and dry etch process modules to meet new device requirements for future technology, and also provide support to transfer processes to large volume manufacturing.
- Day to day operation owner of dielectric thin film deposition and dry etching tools.
- Direct technicians/operators to process R&D and manufacturing wafers to meet schedules.
- Schedule and complete (hands-on where necessary) maintenance activities on all related tools.
- Maintain statistical process control (SPC) charts of dielectric thin film deposition and dry etching tools to establish a stable and robust processing platform. Monitor process output data records against specs, and make necessary process corrections and adjustments.
- Assist in creating building blocks for thin film deposition and dry etching processes.
- Interfacing to design and testing teams (spec reviews, FMEA etc.)
- Document tool operation and process details and write standard of procedures (SOPs)
- Provide process instructions/training for technician/operators and engineering colleagues.
- Develop new processes to meet product and technology roadmap requirements.
- Deploy change control processes as required.
- Any other ad hoc duty as requested by the line manager and/or process engineering manager.
- Minimum of 3-years Fab experience in either of the following; film deposition, dry etching, wet etching or other process development and related characterisation tools such as ellipsometry.
- Experience with deposition, etching and other process tools, including but not limited to PECVD, RIE and ICP.
- Good dexterity for handling InP wafers and samples.
- Track record in using structured problem solving techniques
- Education background in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Electronic Engineering etc.) or related fields.
- Knowledge and experience of SPC processes.
- Experience in setting up successful design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis.
- Above undergraduate, preferably a PhD in relevant subjects.
- Good knowledge of InP based materials and ICP etching.
- High level proficiency in SPC, 6σ techniques and gauge R&R studies.
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines - level headed.
- Proactive team player who is also capable of working independently.
- Positive attitude in working & learning and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Attention to details.
- Proven ability to work under own initiative, and to stop when advice is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach to working - work the hours to do the job.
- Supportive of the company culture and ethos.
If you are interested in applying for the above job, please discuss further details with Heaven on 0793 167 2182 or send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.