|Job Title:||Senior Network Support Engineer *Sc Cleared|
|Location:||Solihull, West Midlands|
|REF:||Ja - 01 - SSP_1521649046|
|Contact Name:||John Anakwenze|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Great position open for a Senior Network Support Engineer with experience in Cisco, Juniper and 3rd/4th line support experience to come on-board and work for a global IT company based in Solihull. This will be an initial 3 month contract position with competitive rates on offer
Provides varied and complex technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. Advises customers on preventive maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction.
Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
* Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
* Service Level. Manages systems within SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Project Work. Leads technical implementation of medium to large infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements. Consults in tender stage as a technical expert in complex projects. May give training, presentation or workshops.
* Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
* Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyzes information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
* Team Working. Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. Stands in for the manager if needed.
* Business Awareness. Proactively contributes both technically and commercially to identify and win new business. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
* Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Qualified to JNCIA/JNCIP/JNCIS levels.
Knowledge of at least 4 of the following network protocols:
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
First Line Network Support Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Senior DevOps Engineer - SC Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
3rd line Infrastructure Support Engineer - SC Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Electrical Project Manager - Security Cleared
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
First Line Support / Support Analyst- On-going Long Term role
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: £20000 - £25000 per annum