Work for one of the best know companies in the world and a high profile brand.
This role offers the opportunity to continually learn and have an eye on the tech coming over the horizon.
Great salary and benefits on offer for a Network Engineer that has network design experience.
Looking for an enthusiastic approach about modern methods for deployment management and platform delivery, with a pragmatic style and great analytical skills that help identify and solve problems.
You will have a keen sense of architecture, security, resilience and performance that allows you to spot solutions that work and those that don't.
What you will be doing:
- Tools and Technology - Jira and Confluence for regular defect tracking and other in-build automation tools for regression test execution purpose. Meraki, Mikrotik and cisco technologies will be used as part of environment build.
- Provide support in a deputy capacity where necessary for the Test Manager to ensure continuity of a quality assurance is achieved across test and deployment activities at project level.
- Provide reports on testing results, coverage and make recommendations where necessary.
- Collaborate with support team manager on acceptance of projects into live environments. Ensures test and deployment compliance with relevant standards e.g. ITIL, ISTQB and internal/external auditing authorities. Able to take timely action to co-ordinate resolution activity for key risk areas.
- Engage within the initial stages of programmes, projects and initiatives. This will feed into the test plan with up to date requirements thus identifying synergies that drive quality across networks and platform upto NOC (Network Operations).
- Direct engineering and design experience in the telecommunications and/or networking industry and/or B2B Internet Space. Cisco CCNP/CCDP or CCIE certifications preferred.
- Define and follow standards and best practices for network design, testing, and implementation methodology. Document different types of network environment.
- Subject Matter Expert in IP protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS Proficiency working with VLAN, VRF, HSRP, Port Security, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS).
- Understanding of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential.
For finer details on the role contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.email@example.com - 01628 762270.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.